Cannot use git on NTFS partition

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by Brian Kendall, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Brian Kendall

Brian Kendall Registered Member

I'm currently trying out Paragon NTFS, and was hoping to use it so that I could have a shared partition between my Windows and OS X systems. On this shared partition I have a project that uses git for version control.

When working in OS X and using git on this partition, some operations complete successfully. But a lot of the time I get an error that looks something like this:

error: Unable to append to .git/logs/refs/remotes/origin/branch_name

If I copy the project data (including the git repo) to an HFS+ drive and try the same operation, it works correctly, so I do think it has something to do with it being an NTFS partition handled by the Paragon driver.

Is there anyway to fix this? If not then I'm afraid to say that the Paragon driver will probably not work out for me, since using git is absolutely vital for my work.

2. Brian Kendall

Oh, I should mention I'm running OS X 10.9.5.

3. Brian Kendall

Just to follow up on this, I ended up re-cloning my git repository on to the ntfs drive while running OS X, and now it's working correctly. It also works if I manipulate it from within Windows. I'm not sure why this fixed my issue, but I'm now unable to reproduce the problem. So if anyone has the same issue, this is potentially a workaround.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.