Cannot update Maintenance program

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mineistruth, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mineistruth

mineistruth Registered Member

Im a newbie so any help would be appreciated.

I have ESS 4.0.467 on Windows XP sp 3. I also have a maintanence program(can I say this?) System Mechanic. It is not an AV. This program updates once a week with updated "definitions". Not upgrades to the program itself (eg v9.5 to 9.6) but weekly updates to "maintenance definitions". Sort of works like an AV signature database update but only weekly.

Problem is that since I upgraded to 4.0.467 I cannot get these weekly definition updates. ESS has tried to block the major updates to this program (e.g. v9.0 to v9.5 they show in the Log) but no record of blocking these weekly definition updates is shown.

I did not have this problem with the previous ESS builds.

I have tried turning off ESS to no avail. I have re-installed the other program several times. It is a hugely popular program...Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You wrote:
    What exactly did you turn off? The firewall, web protection, real-time scanner... ? If you disabled all modules and the problem persisted, why do you think it's ESS that keeps blocking updates? To make sure, I'd try uninstalling ESS to see if the problem actually goes away.

3. mineistruth

mineistruth Registered Member

Yes, I disabled all modules and the problem persists. I thought perhaps that ESS was somehow still "on" and "blocking" the updates.

I was considering uninstalling ESS as my next move.

Thanks for confirming that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.