Cannot Unmount volume after Mounting on Win7

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Adric, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adric

Adric Registered Member

On Windows 7. if I simply mount a volume and then select unmount after the mount is complete, I see the following messages below. The mount is stuck and I cannot unmount the volume. This works perfectly well in XP using the same HDM10 software version. Any ideas what may be causing this?

Al

Attached Files:

2. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Experieneced that when I was using Paragon Backup & Recovery™ 2010 Free Advanced. I had to restart to get that mounted partition "unmounted". That was a bug in that version and only in Win7 x32 and x64. Don't know if it was fixed already or not. There used t be a thread which Aeolis started but I seem not to see it anymore.

THIS may be similar to yours.

Maybe Mech_An can help you as he helped me previously.

3. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Yeah, in my case, the UIM drivers delivered with HDM2010 are borked when used with Win7. The solution is to replace the .sys files with later versions. I used the ones (3) from HDM12 and that fixed it for me. It's a shame that Paragon's business model is based on yearly obsolescence. If you want any fixes, for a purchased product after a new version is released, you basically have to buy the new version. I can understand this to a certain extent, but as long as a product version says it supports a specific OS, then please also offer the fixes that were implemented in a later Paragon version for that OS.

BTW, to avoid rebooting in win7, just use the mountvol <drive> /D command. Once you do this, the unmount in the non-working Paragon version will work and release the drive letter.

Al

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  4. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

Had this one also when I was using Paragon Backup and Restore 10 Suite. Went back to ATI Home 2011. That's true that it's a pity that fixes(and sometimes support as in the case of Acronis) these days are tagged on the basis of having the latest version. If you have an older version then it forces you to upgrade.

Nice tip on the ummount via the cmd. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    Thank you. I will take note of that.might be handy in the future if I install Paragon again. :)

5. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

The bug was fixed in the most recent versions of the Paragon Software line, and there is also a "force unmount" option.

6. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

That's good but as stated these fixes are tagged on the basis of having the "latest version". Why can't something like this or some bug be fixed or cured without having to upgrade in the first place..?

7. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Generally, the bug fixes are put into the life cycle of that version of software, if a fix isn't resolved till after the new release then it is updated in the newer version of software. They do not go back and bug fix older versions, it would not be cost effective.

8. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Maybe Paragon should increase its product life cycle to last longer than a year to give them more time to fix issues, especially when new function is added. I for one will not go out and buy every new version that comes out.

Al

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.