CANNOT UNINSTALL SPYWAREGUARD!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Anti_Spyware, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anti_Spyware

Anti_Spyware Registered Member

Please help me!! I tried to Delete SpywareGuard because at first I couldn't find it on my taskbar, so I was going to uninstall it. However, it will not let me get rid of 2 items: SpywareGuard Live Update, and a Dat file ( I think) That I renamed, so I am unsure what it's origional filename was. The error message I get is "access denied" Make sure that the file is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use. Therefore, I was wondering how to get rid of these two things, and totally clear out SpywareGuard so that I could start over and reinstall it....

2. + ShADoW +

+ ShADoW + Registered Member

Try restarting your computer and then deleting the two items ;)

3. Anti_Spyware

Tried that, didn't work.
    I have a number of questions for you, or someone else who knows stuff about this:
    1) How do I get rid of the "LiveUpdate" that automatically downloads those 4 files from when the site wasn't working? Now my updates work again but I have two copies of LiveUpdate and one works normally, while the other only uploads the 4 files from when the server wasn't working, as announced on this site. The LiveUpdate that downloads the 4 files over and over again, that I already have, cannot be deleted ( it was one of the two files that says access denied). It's not essential to delete it, but it is unneeded certainly.
    2) My SpywareGuard is working fine now, I re-installed it. It wasn't updating because of the site, which at first scared me because I thought I had messed something up..... However, I have renamed the second file that said access denied and I am wondering how to get back a name when you rename something, besides using system restore.... Because the file is named mooo and that doesn't help me.....not that this is essential or anything, it's jsut something I would like to understand.
    3) That's about all, it works now, just answer those 2 questions- those were the 2 files that said access denied, even when I started over my comp. These in fact remain after uninstallation, So I guess I should leave them alone....since its' working fine now. Still, I wonder why I couldn't delete them....?

4. Anti_Spyware

bump-a-de-dump +D

5. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

If you want to delete files..try it in the Safe mode..or make sure you have permission to access and delete the files..if neither of those work..drink more milk.

6. Anti_Spyware

How do I "make sure I have permission to delete the files"? Ohhh the milk joke is based on the fact that I made the file named moooo LoL.
    Well, you are right, I drink a lot of juice but hardly any milk ( but I love dairy products so don't worry I still get plenty of milk). Hehe especially cheese!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.