Cannot Uninstall/not available in add/remove programs

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by BoOCh, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoOCh

BoOCh Guest

Windows ME, 128Mb BUS RAM, P4 1.3

I cannot uninstall spywareblaster 3.1, it is not available in the add/remove programs list, nor my start list. what can i do to uninstall? i have tried repairing the origional install but that will not help. i also have advanced administrative tools, and it does not show an uninstall string related to it.

hope u can help

~BoOCh

2. ski123

ski123 Registered Member

BoOCh,

Run unins000.exe from the SpywareBlaster folder.

ski123

3. BoOCh

BoOCh Guest

What program do i use to open the unins000?

4. BoOCh

BoOCh Guest

never mind, the unins000.exe will not work when i try to run it. it just asks me what program i would like to open it with.

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Sounds like you have a major problem, if your system can't handle exe's. Are other programs running ok?

There was a thread not too long back, I think, about how to handle the situation where exe's aren't recognized as executables. Hopefully someone will be along soon to steer you to it properly.

6. BoOCh

BoOCh Guest

yes all of my other exe.s work fine and all my programs work good. I can even startup spyblaster and run it, i just cant uninstall it. i have ran norton corperate and panda softwae online scan, adware, and spybot and everything is fine. this is the only program i am having problems with. i am going to try reinstalling the program by dling the install fresh.

7. BoOCh

BoOCh Guest

huh, i dowloaded the install file, let the setup run, enabled the protection then disabled it, and it uninstalled fine this time. i dont have a clue why but thanks for the help anyways. l8a

8. Seeyude

Seeyude Guest

Hi MoOch:

I am having problems uninstalling SpywareBlaster V3.0. Where can I go to download the installer for this version? Thanks.

9. BoOCh

BoOCh Guest

Just do a www.google.com search for spywareblaster 3.1, you'll find it.

10. BoOCh

BoOCh Guest

LOL i mean 3.0, sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.