Cannot uninstaLL Mozilla

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rainwalker, Mar 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Hi folks......... i can not uninstall Mozilla 1.6. It seems i am missing the uninstall file needed. I have tried deleating the directory then everything that looked obvious in the registry and no luck so i cannot install the update. The update seems to unpack and i see progress bars doing their thing but at the end of that the Mozilla opening box will pop up and that's it. It will not open into the window.I have tried re-installing 1.6 on top of 1.6 hoping i might get the uninstall file back but that did nothing. I am thinking i need to remove it manually .... but how. This has been making me crazy. Any ideas out there :oops:

2. StarFox

StarFox Registered Member

Maybe you used the zip file for Mozilla 1.6 then you cannot uninstall.
    BTW with update you mean 1.7 Beta ?
    Since you completely deleted your Mozilla install directory and removed any registry entries, there should be no problem using 1.7 Beta.
    You talk about unpacking - that indicates you are using the zip file.
    Which opening box do you mean? If you mean the browser window, then it's possible that it takes a while before connecting properly.

3. Rainwalker

Greetings Starfox and thanks for getting back......... yes, i mean 1.7 beta..... what i removed from the registry was what was 'obvious' to me. i mean by that everything with the word Mozilla that seemed to be related to the browser. I should not have wrote "unpacked" as i did not use the zipped version.........
    as far has waiting for it to load i waited what i thought should be long enough. i have used other versions in the past and have not had this problem so i know what to reasonably expect in terms of launching time :doubt:

4. StarFox

Since it is possible to have multiple versions of Mozilla on one PC and you don't know if Mozilla 1.6 is uninstalled already, try to install 1.7 in a different directory.

5. Rainwalker

Thanks again StarFox but i must have done something wrong. I made a new folder and called it something i made up...then downloaded the ZIP file to that folder and unpacked it to that folder but it saw that the older version was still installed and refused to open the newer version properly o_O

6. StarFox

Have you deleted the profile folder from 1.6?
    If not, try to rename it (e.g. MozillaOld), 1.7 will create a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.