Cannot Uninstall BHB!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by idoc, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idoc

idoc Guest

When I switched to cable internet access, I started getting messages about homepage changes and BHO changes. I allowed all the changes, but each time I booted up the computer (WIN XP) the same messages reoccurred. So I went to Control Panel and removed BHB from there. When I rebooted, the error messages and icon were still there! So I went to Explorer and deleted the Directory where BHB was installed, but the program is still on my computer but does not show up in the Add/Remove Programs menu. So I reloaded the program so try and delete it again. This too failed. Any suggestions?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I haven't heard of that happening before.

You might try making sure BHB is shut down (use the Task Manager - CTRL+ALT+DEL, process tab, to make sure the executable isn't running). And reinstalling the program.

After the reinstall, check again to make sure it isn't running, and then run the uninstall wizard. Let me know if that process works for you.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.