Cannot un-install Drive Image 7 "internal error 2753.pqv2isvc.exe"

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by mhoory, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhoory

mhoory Registered Member

After months of working flawlessly (win XP), I tried to open drive image 7 and it would not open. I tried to re-install it and it forced me to uninstall the existing copy. The uninstall process terminates with "internal error 2753.pqv2isvc.exe" message. Please help. I downloaded/installed framework 1.1 again. That did NOT change the outcome. Still cannot uninstall drive image. suggestions? Thanks.

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Not familiar with the version numbers but, if it's a Symantec supported version, you may find instructions for manual uninstallation in their knowledge base.

If I couldn't find that, then I'd do the uninstall myself by deleting the relevant folders and then finding at least the relevant software keys in the registry and deleting them. But, that's me -- I haven't a clue how comfortable you could get with that path.;)

3. rafael

rafael Registered Member

Looks like Drive Image 7.0 is no longer supported by Symantec.The last update,I believe was in 2003.I suggest you go to Symantec website and type and search uninstall drive image 7.0. You will find a list of problems and solutions to installing as well as uninstalling of this software. This may help you.

I have had Drive Image 7.0 for 3 three years. It was good then and really served my needs. But today, Acronis TI 9 seems to be much better than the Drive Image in Norton Ghost. The difference in quality and performance made me decide to purchase Acronis TI and I have no regrets so far.

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  4. sdrive

sdrive Registered Member

mhoory
    Did you ever get a solution to uninstall drive image without touching registry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.