Cannot Type Into Login Or Password boxes

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TerryWood, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi

I originally posted this on the Comodo site but did not achieve any meaningful reply.

I have been running Comodo Firewall & D+ v3.12 for some time on Win XP SP3, and the other day I downloaded V4 and installed the firewall & D+ Components (Includes Sandbox)

I also use Sandboxie v3.44. When I launched Firefox 3.6.3 (includes Keyscrambler Professional) I found that when I went to any web page like Comodo or Wilders that required a login & Password I could not type anything in the relevant login or password box

In other words pressing the keypad produced no output. Everthing was fine prior to this new installation.

Uninstalling v4 and reinstalling v3.12 solves the problem.

Anyone any ideas please

Thanks

Terry

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Well, if you don't get any meaningful reply from a vendor, then best course of action would be to uninstall that application and move somewhere else. :rolleyes:

3. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

I actually had a similar problem with Firefox 3.6.something. That issue was solved by jumping to the 3.7 alpha version of FF (currently Minefield 3.7 alpha 5).

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

5. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi Stapp and Others who provided a sensible reply. Thanks to you all.

I am unfamiliar with the new version of CIS, particularly in respect of the new sandbox component and how it is supposed to function.

I reinstalled CIS a short while ago, and this time I got a few more pop ups to play with.

I believe now I have resolved to problem, which for the benefit of the many, is as follows.

Inexplicably, it appears that unknown exe's (To CIS) are sandboxed until thet are assessed by Comodo. KeyScrambler had been Sandboxed because it was unknown!! How Comodo can treat Keyscrambler (and indeed Sandboxie) as unknown beats me.

Anyway, I took Keyscrambler out of the CIS sandbox AND YOU HAVE TO REBOOT to get the change to take effect. Voila all works well.

Hope this will help anyone else who has a similar problem.

Thanks again

Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.