Cannot store files bigger than 4GB inside .tib file on NAS drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by martienfou, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martienfou

martienfou Registered Member

I'm using Acronis True Image Echo Server (build 8076) on Windows Server 2003 SP1.

Every evening the server makes a snapshot of the Exchange database into one single file into a local folder of the server.
    The file size is around 4.8/5.0 GB.

Every monday we make a full backup of the server (including that folder) using Acronis. The rest of the week we make differential backups.

Acronis backups are made on a NAS 1 TB drive (LaCie, XFS system) with the current settings :
    - no password
    - no compression (since with compression it fails often)
    - 2 GB file split.
    - no limitation on disk or network speed.

It seems Acronis is only saving the first 4GB of that file into the .tib files.

When I open the .tib files after backup, it shows the file size at 4 GB instead of 5 GB.

The size of every differential backup is only 3.5GB (including the few other files modified that are less than 500 Mb).

If I try to copy the file from inside the .tib on another machine, it stalls around 80% and the resulting file size is exactly 4GB (4294967296 bytes) and corrupted.

Every drive on our network is NTFS (including the server and the clients).

The NAS drive allows files bigger than 4GB (we even got another backup there made with Acronis and its around 11GB in one single file).

Logs show no error during backup or validate.

Anyone got any idea what could cause this ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello martienfou,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

I would recommend you download the latest build (8206) of the program from your account under Registered Products and see if the issue persists.

Try to create the same backup to internal drive and see if the issue persists.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.