Cannot share an Ext drive

Discussion in 'Paragon File System Drivers' started by Serge Adzinets, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Serge Adzinets

Serge Adzinets Registered Member

Hi,

I have an external Ext2 drive attached to a PC running Windows 10, and the ExtFS driver is working fine, I can read and write files from the PC. However, I am not able to access the drive from the network. The error I'm getting when opening the share is "<share name> is not accessible. You might not have permissions to use this network resource... The device is not ready". I have shared the drive and gave permissions to everyone. I can access other (NTFS) drives on the machine from the network, both internal and external ones.

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

This is a limitation with the Windows operating system, not the Paragon Software, ExtFS for Windows will allow you to use an Ext formatted drive locally attached, it is not designed to be used to share the volume over network locations.

3. Serge Adzinets

Serge Adzinets Registered Member

Thanks for replying Matt. I did not understand your answer though. If this is a limitations of Windows, then why could I share the drive when I was using Ext2Fsd? I thought the job of the driver was to read and write bytes to the disk so it should not matter whether it's a local or a network user, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Serge

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.