Cannot schedule a backup using a Buffalo Linkstation NAS

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jensemann, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jensemann

Jensemann Registered Member

Hi guys,

I ran into trouble scheduling backups with TI2009 and my Buffalo Linkstation Pro Duo NAS.

I entered the needed credentials in the corresponding field in the backup job. I also tried to not password protect the NAS-share and entered no credentials.

I mapped my backup share as drive "B:"; but no matter if I try to backup on b: or I am using the full UNC path: it does not work!

Manual backups (where I do not have to enter network credentials) work fine!

Has anyone successfully set up a scheduled backup-task with a NAS as a target and can help me?

I think the problem is with the credentials but I have no opinion on how to handle it.

This is nearby but i think it's not my problem:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=199559&highlight=linkstation

Any help highly appreciated!

Best regards,
    Jens.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jens,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Could you please provide us with the log file of the failed operation?

Please manage a new task using the full UNC path and execute the backup operation. After that please do the following:

- Tasks and logs, Log;
    - Choose the respective log entry which contains errors and make right-click on it;
    - Select save option and specify the desired location for the log file to save to;
    - Attach the log file to your post..

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. Jensemann

Hi Oleg,

attached you'll find the desired logfile.
    I have to mention that no matter which username and password combination I use the same error appears.
    Even if I set up the NAS-share without any password the operation fails.

Furthermore I'd like to ask you one thing: with older versions of TI (->TI 10.0) I am able to set up scheduled tasks cuz there I can specify to use a backup location without any password.

Is it a bug or a feature (germans say: "verschlimmbessert" ;-)) ??!?

Cheers,
    Jens.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  4. Acronis Support

Hello Jensemann,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

In order to solve the issue please update Acronis scheduler using the following KB article

Let su know the results.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. Jensemann

Hi Oleg, hi Dmitry,

finally I managed it; it's now working.
    BUT: I hat to remove access restrictions on my NAS. Means: with a password configured I was not able to perform a scheduled backup (even with the new/modified scheduler service).

What I don't understand is why it's not working to backup to a mapped drive letter (in my case: drive b:) which target is a NAS.

Maybe you should consider changing / improvin this behaviour because not everyone will be willing to remove password-protection from his NAS...

All the best,
    Jens.

6. Acronis Support

Hello Jens,

Thank you for your response.

When you map a drive, it becomes mapped only under your Windows account. Acronis True Image runs its tasks using the system account and so it is sometimes impossible to locate your mapped drive (especially when you are logged off).

That's why you should use a full UNC path instead of a mapped drive. Also you can specify the IP address of the network storage (for example, \\10.1.162.16\share\). Please try to do it, it can resolve the issue.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.