Cannot run the setup/installer

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by piznal, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piznal

piznal Registered Member

I recently acquired a pretty nasty spyware and I came across this program. I downloaded it today after a few attempts, and this is the message I get when I try to run the setup. ewido-setup_4.0.0.172c:

NSIS Error

The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.
    This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

So I deleted the first downloaded file and started over. When I tried to download the program a second time....the setup file will instantly appear on my desktop. Apparently the setup file is not downloading properly. Do you guys think I have a virus? Is there some way that I can download run this program?

I know that this post might seem confusing, but I am a newbie at removing this bug from my computer.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Try download the micro scanner:http://download.ewido.net/ewido_micro.exe first and scan/delete with this, it will start with downloading the signatures, as soon it is finished a "Start scan" button appears. The to download the full program after this scan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.