Cannot resume from standby

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by godzulu, Oct 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godzulu

godzulu Registered Member

My problem: clean install of XP sp2. Everything is running fine. I install Trueimage 7 or 8 and my computer will not resume from standby. any suggestionso_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. earther

earther Registered Member

I am also having this problem. I installed TI 8 (build 786) about a week ago. It's running on Win ME with backup set to manual. Sometimes (but not all the time), my computer will not come out of standby requiring a hard shutdown. Seems it only happens when it is in standby for a longer time.

At first I thought it had to do with AVG 7 issues. But when I disabled all the offending "not responding" functions in AVG, the problem still happened. So I started to investigate TI as the culprit. Bingo!

I found other threads about disabling/not disabling the three running programs that are likely the cause. But it would be a PITA to have to enable them for every manual backup.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

earther

4. godzulu

godzulu Registered Member

Purchased TI8 a week or so ago, did the upgrade from TI and everything seemed to be ok - for a day or two. Now my computer does not go into standby. Nothing has changed on my system and its clean - no bugs etc.and no garbage running in the background. If i uninstall TI8 things are ok. Any thoughts? Do schedhlp.exe, schedul.exe, TrueImage.exe, TrueImageMonitor all have to be running as services in Task Manager?

o_O

5. earther

earther Registered Member

LOL you can't get into standby and I can't get out!!

There should be a way to toggle these processes 'off/on' for those of us who want to do manual updates. At the least, the running processes should not interfere with other standard computer functions like standby.

Hoping to get some sort of response from Acronis soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.