Cannot restore to C drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by stefan52a, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stefan52a

stefan52a Registered Member

I succesfully backed up my C drive. Now I want to restore the image with the boot CDrom, but Paragon doesn't recognize my C drive as restore target. Only drive D shows up. The drives (C and D) are both visible in windows.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Are drives C and D physically on separate hard drives? Is drive D where you stored your backup on, either internal or external?

When you boot to the recovery CD, try safe mode if you haven't. Do you know if your C drive is raided or on a controller? When the hard drive doesn't appear, it's either the hard drive or the interface it's on is not supported or there's something physically wrong with it. Of course if you're able to boot to it, then we can rule out that it's a mechanical problem.

We have a couple of other options of recovery CDs that will detect your hard drive assuming there's nothing wrong with it. WinPE is included if you have the professional or server edition of Paragon.

BartPE is another recovery CD you can create. Refer to this thread if you're interested in BartPE.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=257771&highlight=bartpe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.