Cannot restore drive using TI V9, Build 2337

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by charliej5, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charliej5

charliej5 Registered Member

I am using TI V9.0, build 2337. I successfully created a Rescue Disk (CD-R) and a DVD +R image of my new hard drive. I wanted to verify both so I initiated a "Restore."

I then got a message saying TI could not restore drive such as those Dynamic Disks, Jazz drives, etc.

I had just installed Norton GoBack V4 and am wondering if this is what is precluding TI from being able to restore.

Does anyone have any insight to this issue?

Many thanks,
    Charlie

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Seems like I do remember reading somewhere that you have to disable Go Back. And if you have a Dynamic disc, then TI does not yet work with those.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

There is a note about the limitations with Go Back in the FAQ sticky posting at the top of the forum. Here is a link to the FAQ sheet, Go Back entry is second from bottom.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq.html

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

True Image for Server versions do support Dynamic disks but even these have certain limitations:

- Can't image the entire dynamic disk, only certain dynamic volumes (I assume this means you can't image the main system partition).
    - Can only image dynamic volumes from within Windows
    - When you restore a dynamic volume it will be reset as "Basic", although it can then be converted back to "Dynamic" without data loss by using the appropriate Windows tool.

Regards

5. charliej5

charliej5 Registered Member

Thank you guys very much. I appreciate your taking the time to research and respond.

For Seekforever: YOU solved my problem! At the link you provided, it stated (in part) that you must disable Goback: "If you want to restore an image archive." I disabled Goback and now have the ability to restore an image archive. Again, many thanks for your assistance.

Sincerely,
    Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.