Cannot reinstall TI7

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by etruss, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etruss

etruss Registered Member

I have been using TrueImage 7 for several months with no problems. A couple of weeks ago, I did a full image but instead of backing up to one big file, I backed up to 3GB-sized chunks so I could copy them to DVDs. This was the first time I did this. It seems to have worked fine.

The next day, I tried to do an incremental backup. It would get to the last step and it just hangs and does nothing. It also adds a scheduled job each
    time I do this instead of starting immediately. I had a similar problem before and I just re-installed to get it to work again. This time it will not let me re-install. Every time I try, it seems to work fine until it gets to the end. Just after installing the drivers, I get a screen that says "Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image. Unfortunately, the program cannot continue because an error occurred. Please attempt to run Acronis True Image again later." I've tried several times and it does the same thing. Also, after this error, there are no files in the folder - it's empty. What do I do now? I need to do a backup soon.

I've tried installing both my original file from 12/25/2003 and the latest version from the Web site. Both refuse to install as above.

Running Windows XP SP2.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

Boot into Windows "SAFE" mode (press F8 during boot) and try installing TI from there. If that doesn't work it's worth opening the Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete), select the "Process" tab then select the following services and click on "End Process" for each one in turn:

TrueImageMonitor.exe
    schedhlp.exe
    schedul2.exe

With all three processes stopped, try the reinstall again.

Regards

3. etruss

etruss Registered Member

The processes are not running because the files don't exist any more. Every time the install fails, the files get deleted.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello etruss,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that we do not support Acronis True Image 7.0 any longer becasue this version is rather old. Please download free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 from our site and if the problem remains please let us know. If everything is ok you may purchase upgrade to Acronis True Image 8.0 at our on-line store.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

etruss, perhaps an Repair install of WinXP, followed by a re-install of SP2, will clean up the Registry and other stuff in your current install. Then mayby True Image will be able to complete the install??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.