Cannot register 10.1 free edition

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by AlanMintaka, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlanMintaka

AlanMintaka Registered Member

Hello,
    I just downloaded version 10.1 free and tried to install it. I get a popup prompting me for Product Key and Serial Number. The popup tells me to either click on the "Get Free Serial" or "Copy URL to Clipboard" button in order to get a product key. When I clicked on "Get Free Serial", my browser opens a registration page which requests entry of my name, email address, country, and language. I enter the required info, but then receive this error message:

Please fill in all required fields, marked with an asterisk.

I've tried this registration process with both Firefox 3.6.3 and IE 8 and both registrations fail with the same message. It seems to be a problem with the country selection. When the page reloads with the error message, all the fields are retained except for country. I keep selecting "United States" and verifying that the other fields are OK, but keep getting the error message.

Is there a trick to getting a product key/serial number for the free version?

Thanks for your time,

2. ncc

ncc Registered Member

I had the same problem, exactly as described. Tried several times to resubmit after correcting the Country to United States. Always failed. :ouch:
    I finally returned to the Install Shield Wizard registration request window on my machine, and again clicked on the "Get Free Serial" button. This time the Paragon Registration screen came up again, empty. I again filled it out, and this time it accepted the registration. :thumb:
    With your attempts using different browsers, I would think this would accomplish the same thing, i.e. logging into the Registration site again. Perhaps it may be a busy server at Paragon...anyway, hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.