Cannot open mutex

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Jado54, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jado54

Jado54 Registered Member

In the past week I have encountered problems running PG. I have performed several clean uninstall/installs, including booting to safe and removing both files, as well as removing entries in the registry prior to reinstall.

Now I can only run PG for about a day when it will, upon loading, state cannot open mutex 2?

I am also running TDS3, NOD32, SpyB, and adaware. Any thoughts are deeply appreciated.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Jado54, Is this full or the trial version and what operating system please?

Thyere should be no conflicts with the programs you have mentioned.

If you had AdWatch and or Teatimer running then I would disable them when doing the ProcessGuard install & run them with ProcessGuard in learning mode.
    You should try running all your normal security, system and Internet connected programs with the four General tabs enabled and reboot.

After the second reboot PG should be out of learning mode.

HTH Pilli

3. Jado54

Jado54 Registered Member

Greetings Pilli - thank you for your reply.

It is the full version and my OS is xp home. I have done as you instructed and thus far, as of this reply, all seems well. As a note however, my previous installations were with everything disabled but perhaps this time it will purr like a kitten. When it is active I find it to be an excellent product. Probably just this operator not knowing much.

Cheers mate.

J

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yes, It needs to learn and then you can fine tune :)
    Read the help file and this forum for a wealth of information regarding the various settings and set-ups.

Have fun. Pilli

5. LM1

LM1 Registered Member

Today, after installing the new version of Adaware personal (1.06) and rebooting, my PG (full version) gave an error message of "Cannot Open Mutex 2."

I uninstalled in Safe mode and deleted the relevant files from \Windows\System32, but to no avail. (I tried this several times!)

Any suggestions? (Other security programs I have running: MS antispyware, Symantec Corporate AV, Zone Alarm firewall, PrevX home - but none of these ever caused any problems before.)

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hello LM1, Not sure what has happened there.
    Firstly if you are running XP try a restore point prior to the AdAware install, this may put your system back as it was and does not affect any data files.
    Secondly, if restore was successful, make sure that none of security apps are running resident and put ProcessGuard in learning mode, re-install AA and reboot.

HTH Pilli.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.