cannot open mutex 2

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by quiscale, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quiscale

quiscale Registered Member

Good morning

I installed ProcessGuard v3.100 Free Version in my computer. When I start it without modem (the modem is unplugged), ProcessGuard works without problems. In the window MAIN, the ProcessGuard is runing. When I start my computer with the modem, I can read the following message of error "cannot open mutex 2" and ProcessGuard doesn't work.

My modem is a BeWAN ADSL Ethernet plugged on a D-Link DFE-530TX Fast Ethernet Adapter (rev.C) card.
    My configuration: Wxp sp1 + Antivir + ZoneAlarm + Spyot-SD.

Do you have any idea about the origin of this error? What can I do to make ProcessGuard works correctly?

Your sincerly,

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. quiscale

quiscale Registered Member

Hi snowbound.

I uninstal ProcessGuard according to the instructions and I installed it again with the same result: ProcessGuard works perfectly if I start my computer without modem ("ProcessGuard status" is "Running") and doesn't want to work ("Cannot open Mutex 2") when I start with modem.

At the start, the "Cannot open Mutex 2" appears. Clic Ok. At this moment, the icon of the quick launch bar is on the state "Initializing ProcessGuard". In the main windows the "ProcessGuard status" is "Error in initialization. Check dcuserport.exe".

Then I close the icon of the quick launch bar by "Exit".

I open again ProcessGuard by a double clic on the office icon. The "ProcessGuard status" becomes "Receiving Settings".

After few seconds, the "ProcessGuard status" becomes "pgaccount.exe is not running" and error message "Warning. A part of ProcessGuard (pgaccount.exe) is not running. When this part is not running ProcessGuard will be unable to handle execution request". Ok.

At this moment, the icon of the quick launching bar passes to the state "Protection is enable".

Question: I would like to use ProcessGuard which seems to be a good protection against the malwares. It seems that the error has a link with the sequence of start. How can avoid the error "Cannot open Mutex 2" which appears at the start? Is there an analysis I could carry out?

Your sincerly,

Quiscale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.