Cannot log into remote computer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hoser_d, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoser_d

hoser_d Registered Member

I have been able to connect to the remote computer without problems when installing Acronis components to remote computer. But when I then go to connect to the remote computer all I get is this message...

Specify correct logon information for remote computer. Please contact with system administrator about permissions or remote authorization rules.

Can you expain? I am the administrator, also, like I said I was able to logon to install the components, but now cannot log on.

BTW, using TrueImage workstation 9.1 latest build.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hoser_d,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Could you please install Acronis True Image Agent locally and see whether the problem still persists?

Please provide us with the information about your network structure.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. hoser_d

hoser_d Registered Member

The Agent is installled on the local computer and my network setup is a simple one, two PC's separated by an ethernet router.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hoser_d,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Could you please tell us what operating system you use on the target computer?

What exact build number of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation do you have? You can find it in the Main Menu->Help->About.

Please make a screen shot of the error message and create Windows System Information of your both computers as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. VReggie

VReggie Registered Member

I'm having the same issue.

I boot a target PC with the Bootable Rescue Media (in this case a CD). The target machine loads the Acronis Bootable Agent. I then try to connect to that machine via the True Image Management Console. I type the target PC's host name in, enter the domain username and password (in both username and domain\username format) and I'm constantly, un-nervingly, persistantly rewarded with "Incorrect username or password" error message.

I've tried domain usernames\passwords, local usernames\passwords and even the local Administrator\password combo with equal results.

I tried this on another machine and it worked fine. The strange thing is that when I connect to a working machine (in other words a machine where Windows is running, and not booting off a True Image Bootable rescue media) I have to use the fully qualified domain name (computer.domain.local), but when connecting remotely to a computer that has booted off the Rescue CD I can only connect by using the host name.

These are both domain machines. Both can be pinged by host name or IP.

Exactly what username\password credentials is this asking for?

6. VReggie

VReggie Registered Member

Just a follow up, I was able to connect to the second machine successfully. I was under the mistaken impression that I was an Administrator on my domain. I addedd myself to the Backup Operator group and was then able to logon to the CD-Booted workstation.

Still having issues with various username\passwords on other workstations, though.

7. martin hagget

martin hagget Registered Member

I am having what Ithink is fundamentally the same problem as described here - i.e. the inability to logon to a networked laptop (XP SP2 on PC and laptop) - a simple enough setup. I have tried every combination of \\machine name\username and password without success. Has anyone a resolution to this? There is a deafening silence from Acronis support. Is there a solution?!

8. martin hagget

martin hagget Registered Member

Follow up. I have made the belated discovery that TI 9.1 does not work with XP Home. That explains why I cannot connect!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.