Cannot install

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by ice2003, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ice2003

ice2003 Registered Member

Hi all , I would very much like to get involved with this ess beta program and have downloaded the latest release, I was running 2.7 of anti virus which i un installed before trying to install the ess version (after uninstall rebooted), Upon trying to install ess though i am getting i must remove any previous versions of eset before proceeding, Is there something i am missing, Is there a particular registry key that i have to manually remove to get this install going.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello ice2003,

After you uninstall 2.7 and restart your computer, delete the Eset folder in program files. Then try an install of RC1.

3. ice2003

Thanks for the reply, Upon reboot the folder had already been removed, I can find no reference to eset anywhere yet it is still telling me to it cannot upgrade and to remove first.

4. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

there is a folder in all users -you deleted that too?

And I think there is a registry entry

Ruben

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The Eset info in the registry is located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, Eset. I suppose you could delete that key if it still remains after uninstalling although I've never found that to be necessary.

Do you have any other security programs or av programs on your computer that could interfere with the installation of NOD?

6. ice2003

yup checked that and they are all gone , Have been through the registry and all reference's to eset and nod32 have been removed all except nod32_legacyDRV , this is where its picking it up i think, But it won't allow me to delete these keys as it says i don't have permission , hmmmm strange i am admin, Sorry forgot to mention i am using vista ultimate.

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Perhaps an Eset moderator can comment on this. There have been various problems with the beta and Vista reported by users. A quick search of the beta forums might turn up a hint.

8. ice2003

a few quick permission changes and i got rid of the legacy drivers and it installed good as gold , Upon starting though its telling me its expired and to download the latest version , hmmmm i thought i was running the latest version ESET Smart Security RC1 (32-bit)
    version: 3.0.414

9. ice2003

Finally got it all figured out , an uninstall of ess that said it was expired, a reboot and a reinstall and we are up and running and in the green, One strange thing though was that somewhere during the un install or the re install it has activated the side bar, go figure on that one lol

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Sounds like you are a beta tester now. :D

11. ice2003

Hahaha with Vista ronjor eveything you run no matter if its designed for it or not is a beta experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.