Cannot install to Vista

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cambee72, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cambee72

Cambee72 Registered Member

Hello,

Been running NOD32 on our network now for approx a month with RAC which is all working well. I have a few vista machines and have run into an error pushing the NOD install forcing me to install manually.

Connection error. The server could not retrieve installation status (Server is listening on port 2224, RES error code 13, GLE error code 203)

All machines are part of the domain with appropiate local user permissions given, in fact im doing this as an domain admin. The firewall is disabled by policy and I have tried disabling UAC but it didn't seem to help. XP installs work fine.

I have not found anything referencing these errors...has anyone seen these before? Any ideas?

Thanks

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I haven't had a problem pushing to the few Vista machines I've dealt with. Just making sure they're setup with the usual correct settings such as with XP. Properly joined to the domain, and F&P allowed in the exceptions, I haven't had to drop UAC. Totally default install of Vista.

Firewall controlled via policy...can you check a client PC to ensure the firewall is properly configured by the policy? I haven't looked yet..but I haven't seen any updates for GP to be able to properly control the Vista firewall. What comes to mind..was an update to SBS a while ago...to properly control the XP sp2 firewall after SP2 came out.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  3. spm

spm Registered Member

Try setting the Remote Registry service to start automatically on the Vista client (and start it prior to pushing out NOD32, if you haven't rebooted) - you can do this locally on the client or via Group Policy.

4. Cambee72

Cambee72 Registered Member

Got it. Although I did start the remote registry service manually, it did not seem to work until setting it to automatic and rebooting.

Thanks for the help!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.