Cannot Install SP1 on my work PC! Pls Help

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I have Windows 7 Ultimate (x86) at work and I have tried many times to install SP1 for Windows 7 Ultimate but it always fails with the following error:

Error: ERROR_OUTOFMEMORY(0X8007000E)

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6564/captureysu.png

I tried restarting, disabling McAfee Virus Scan which is installed, but no luck.

The system has 4 GB RAM and 2.5 GB FREE

Installing it from Windows update fails as well I did check and the Windows Update service is on so I dont know what to do

I have 148 GB of free space and Im an experienced use I did clean with CCleaner first but that doesnt help

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/265/hddspace.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  2. berryracer

Hmmm, I found this post online and it seems to be my case, the IT guy had installed every display language you could think of! I dont know why when I work in a British company and everyone here is British! for god's sake! I am uninstalling the additional languages now then I will try again

3. berryracer

Yup this was the reason guys! I uninstalled all the languages that the admin had installed (he probably thought it is cool to install every MUI available) and then SP1 installed in a breeze!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.