Cannot install on Laptop

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ronluxton, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronluxton

ronluxton Registered Member

I am unable to instal my newly-bought Acronis True Image Home 2009 software onto my Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop computer.

This has Windows XP Pro with all three SP packs, 80GB Harddrive 1 GB RAM, NVIDIA Geeforce GO 6800, 3 Partitions of 7.3GB, 2.8GB and 2.86GB - all showing plenty of free memory- with a number of peripherals - printers, and USB attachments, through a small network.

I have installed the software five times and upon re-boot my desktop icons, pointers etc. have become HUGH ! :eek: . Balloons tell me that my font sizes etc need altering and some utilities refuse to load at all.

The effect is as though the laptop has powered up in SAFE mode - the images "float" and are slow to display, and It no longer offers me the image size of 1280 x 800 pixels (which is my normal setting) - (this setting offers no longer appear on the list !)

Although this looks like SAFE mode, the desktop colour is exactly as it should be (I have it set to a pale blue) but when I deliberately restarted the laptop in SAFE (by pressing F8 during startup), it did open in SAFE mode, but the desktop colour was BLACK, which suggests that the faulty startup is not in the real SAFE mode, but just looks like it !

I have tried installing the software in Command Mode, but the computer then says that it cannot find msiexec.exe (although the file IS in C:\Windows\system32) even when the path is added to the Command.

I installed the new software after removing the earlier program - TI 11. I needed to do a System Restore each time that the new program would not install correctly, and the older version then opened correctly each time.

Help would be appreciated

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Can't give you any specific help, but I'd suggest checking which Dell utilities are loaded at boot time, especially if like Lenovo they include their own imaging software and a Dell updating utility - these may interfere.

Colin

3. ronluxton

ronluxton Registered Member

Colin,

Thanks for your interest.

Can't find anything in Dell files, either "hidden" or not, and although ordinarily the laptop loads a Nvidia GeForce GO 6800 video card, when that TI installation software is loaded, I just cannot find it !

I've posted to Acronis Help two requests about this problem with no replies. Guess its something new to them too ? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll keep digging !

RonLuxton

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ronluxton,

Thank you for using Acronis Software!

Could you please provide me with your request number(s) (it was provided to you in the subject of automatic e-mail), so I will be able to check how the investigation process is going?

Thank you,
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.