Cannot install NOD32; want to use it w/ ZoneAlarm Security Suite

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by chileverde, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chileverde

chileverde Registered Member

Re: How I got NOD32 to work w/ ZoneAlarm Security Suite; limitations of ZASS IM secur

If you did it in the order you said, that's why it didn't work. Please check my post #23 again. You need to uninstall and reinstall ZASS with IMON active, before you disable IMON. Then disable IMON, enable ZASS IM, and re-enable IMON (in that order). Then test.

You do have checked the boxes in IMON Setup - POP3 tab - for "Enable email checking" and "Append tab messages to email - all email", right?

2. CyberMew

CyberMew Registered Member

Re: How I got NOD32 to work w/ ZoneAlarm Security Suite; limitations of ZASS IM secur

Hmm..I think what I did earlier work is working because i found out that it starts to add the NOD32 thing for incoming emails today. I found out that it won't work for gmail accounts, but works for my ISP email account. Yes, it is working now :D. Nevertheless, I tried your method and it also works :D

3. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

"Are you using gmail" was going to be my next question because as you found, Nod does not scan gmail even when you have it set up to come in through clients such as Outlook, Outlook Express etc. And yes, Nod only scans the incoming e-mail, not the outgoing. V2.5 may scan outgoing, however I'm not using it yet so I can't really say :)

It's good to hear you've got it all working.

Neil

4. chileverde

That's great!

5. CyberMew

CyberMew Registered Member

Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it! :)

6. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Does ZA Free also cause the same problems described in this thread?

7. chileverde

I don't think so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.