Cannot Install ESS Beta1 on Windows Server 2003

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by spiritfly, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiritfly

spiritfly Registered Member

I cannot install Eset Security Suite on a Windows 2003 Server OS. I'm using a modified version of the OS which is floating around the net from quite recently, from the author who call himself eXperience, and I'm not sure if this is why it cannot install. I will try it on a clean version on Windows 2003 Server, but as I can recall the modified version has only IE and Outlook removed along with a few other insignificant things. What happens is when the install starts, everything goes normal and as soon as the installation is over(the indicator is at 100%) It says: "Rolling Back Action" and the program cannot install.

Anyone else having similar issues?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. spiritfly

Ok will do, sorry my bad, I didn't know what version I had. By the way, the old version just crashed on my other PC with a Windows XP while I was trying to browse my network and soon after ESS crashed Firefox crashed too. I can send a screenshot with the processes working while it happened if necessary. I guess the new BETA will fix this issue. Also I'm having troubles with browsing for shared folders on my network which is consisted of 3 Desktop PC's and 2 notebooks all of them with XP except the one Desktop having Server 2003. They are all connected trough a router Linksys WRT54G. As soon as I installed ESS Beta on one of the desktop pcs with XP I wasn't able to connect trough remotely to the 2003 Server like I did before. It kept crashing moments after I was connected to it. Also it kept giving me headaches about not being able to browse the network properly. I'm downloading the new beta A1 now and will post if I still have the same issues.
    By the way you are doing a great job guys, keep it up! I'm a big ESET fan and I'm very optimistic about this new piece of software of yours! I think it is very well put, you will have higher ranking at the "ease of use" scale now I think ;)

4. spiritfly

Thanks WSFuser, I've installed ESS Beta 1a on my Windows 2003 Server successfuly. Now I still have the problem with accessing my network shared files while my firewall is on. I have tried adding the network in trusted zone, but still I can't access the shared files. Tried adding the specific ip address, switching from interactive to automatic mode, no joy. I will try to mess around with the settings of my pc's, but I'm pretty sure it is ESS that is causing this. When I disable the firewall I can access the shared files normally on both pcs(the one with XP and the other with Server 2003)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.