Cannot install Avira free

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tepe2, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Avira.png

I tried 3 times. No luck.

2. SnowFlakes

SnowFlakes Registered Member

Maybe you should download avira from their website but when you download it , make sure you save the avira file in another file map then the previous!!

Then try to install with Admin rights,

Good Luck , let us know how it went.

3. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Thank you for answer.

It seem to be a problem with my admin rights. But I dont know how to fix it.

4. SnowFlakes

Right click on the file that you saved Avira - full file and right click Run/Install as ADMINISTRATOR, try this, BUT make sure you have downloaded avira from their website and saved it in another map then the previous avira broken file !!

5. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

I dont have that option, to run as ADMIN. Thats probably because I am already logged in as ADMIN. Like always.

6. SAW

SAW Registered Member

I had the same problem with the download from Avira's site today, switched to the Cnet one and everything went fine, maybe just a corrupt file?

7. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Tepe2, download the zipped installation file instead (95MB) here

8. SnowFlakes

Have you installed Avira now ?

9. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Back again. No, I still have not installed Avira. But I think I know what the problem is. The admin rights problem must be because I tried to install serv.pack 3 for XP a while back.

Now I have restored an Image from a while back. I tried to update Firefox and Thunderbird. Saved those files in "Program Files" and no issue. So maybe the problem is gone:)

But Im not sure if I should still use Avira free or if I should use Emsisoft security pack. I have an old paid version of Online Armor. I will consider to renew it and maybe I go for the Internet Security Pack.

Or I could use paid version of OA and still use Avira free. I have to think about it. A few years since I used to visit Wilders so I dont know what is good software these days:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.