Cannot install Acronis TrieImage Echo Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by goldnarmz, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldnarmz

goldnarmz Registered Member

I can't install Acronis TrieImage Echo Server on Microsoft Windows 2003 SBS. If i try to install, in the middle of the installation process there is a message, what says:
    "The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image Echo Server could be installed. You need to restart the installer and try again."
    A previous version was installed on this server. That was a TrueImage Enterprise Server. I tried to uninstall Enterprise Server, but the uninstall process was interupted because of some reason.
    Can anyone help me to uninstall this Echo Server?

Thank You anyway,

Thomas Szabo

2. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

goldnarmz,

You can try two things.

1. Right click on 'Install Acronis True Image Enterprise Echo' and select 'Extract'. Run the extracted AcronisTrueImageEnterprise.msi

2. Log on as the local Administrator and repeat step 1.

-Thamuz

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

As the install has failed, you might have some left over files lurking in the system temporary files folder.

You'll need to be admin, and have explorer showing system files and folders.

Delete the contents of the folder: C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Local Settings\Temp.

Then try re-installing Echo.

Colin

4. goldnarmz

Ok. Thanks for your posts. Unfortunately these things didn't solve my problem.
    On right click there isn't any "extract" possibility... :oops:
    I deleted all the temp files, too.
    I also tried this way:
    How to uninstall...
    The problem is still goin' on.

Please help me... :'(

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello goldnarmz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

It's possible that the installation package was corrupted during download process. Please try redownloading it and installing again.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Double-click on the product installation file;
    - Right-click on the "Install Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server" button and select "Extract" (screen shot #1);
    - Select the path for extracting the component and click "Save" (screen shot #2);
    - Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:

msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name

Where msi-name is the path and name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to (screen shot #3);
    - Continue with the installation and reproduce the issue;
    - Collect the log file created during the installation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. goldnarmz

Thanks for You help.

But, i can't download the install file again. :rolleyes:
    This message is written on the download link:

"Requested file not found
    The file you have requested does not exist. It is possible that the link to it has expired. If you received the link from Acronis, please confirm you have the correct link by checking your original email from Acronis with the link or other document with the link location. You may also obtain a new link by contacting the Acronis Support Team. Thank you for selecting Acronis."

:doubt:

7. goldnarmz

Re: Cannot install Acronis TrueImage Echo Server

I sent the .log and .nfo files. (As I said, I couldn't download the installer again.)
    Waiting for reply. Thank You.

8. Acronis Support

9. goldnarmz

Thank You for Your help.
    The downloaded install file isn't corrupted. I installed that on another computer, and there wasn't any problem.

10. goldnarmz

Re: Cannot install Acronis TrueImage Echo Server

I tried to install Enterprise version again. Installation failed. Can anyone help me? o_O

11. Acronis Support

Hello all,

goldnarmz, could you please clarify if you've followed Marat suggestions, created installation log and submitted a request to our Support Team? If so then could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

12. jgrant07

jgrant07 Registered Member

Hello all,

This is my first post but I wanted to share my 'experience' with this major problem.

We have TI Server 9 and originally had the server setup with the remote agent. Later we had some issues and decided to uninstall and install the full program on that machine.

We ran into this same issue with the error "Acronis cannot be installed" and the installation rolled back at about 99%.

Our solution was the following:

Delete Temp Files (which never really helped, but good to do anyway)
    Make sure there is nothing in add/remove programs for acronis
    Check Device Manager--if there is any acronis hardware devices listed uninstall them (mine said 'acronis trueimage archive explorer')
    Next try to install TI again and hopefully it will work.

Hope this helps anyone out there.

I agree that Acronis needs to get on the ball and get their clients answers to these installation woes--simply stating "wait until the next update", etc. is not the way to handle them.

Good Luck
    JG

13. Thiago

Thiago Registered Member

You have to verify that the service msdtc.exe is running properly. If not run at the command line: msdtc -resetlog and restart the server. Then check if the driver signing configuration is OK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.