Cannot Hibernate when TI 11 is running

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cheesedad, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheesedad

cheesedad Registered Member

My new laptop will not hibernate when Trueimage 11 is open, even when TI is not running a backup. Hibernation works fine for my old laptop with TI 8. Both laptops are running Windows XP SP2. The new laptop is a Sony Vaio. Seems like a TI issue. Is this a known issue (couldn't find a post)? Is there a work around?

Thanks,

CheeseDad

BTW: I have used TI for years and find it to be a great product.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cheesedad,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Could you please try to stop 'Acronis Try and Decide' service and check if hibernation will work?

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

3. cheesedad

cheesedad Registered Member

Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

I disabled the 'Acronis Try and Decide' service; no difference. I also tried disabling the other obvious Acronis service, 'Acronis Scheduler2', still cannot hibernate.

Please note that I do not see this hibernate behavior with any other application.

C.D.

4. Acronis Support

Hello cheesedad,

Please notice that our Development team is aware of the problem and they are working on fixing it. Most likely, the fix will be included in the next build of Acronis True Image. We are sorry, but the exact time-frame isn't decided yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. cdorling

cdorling Registered Member

I use hibernate a lot and have just trialed TI11, noticing the same issue.
    So, until fixed, I won't be purchasing TI 11.

6. Joseph Zorzin

Joseph Zorzin Registered Member

I made the mistake of buying the program without downloading the trail version. I found that on my XP system, I can't hibernate or do stand by if Acronis 11 is installed even though I haven't used the program at all. I started another thread on this before I found this thread- so far, no reply from Acronis.

It would be nice if Acronis could let us know what they know so far- does hibernation and stand by not work on all XP systems?

My intent is to install the program on my newer "Vista Box" but I thought I'd try it on my old (2004) XP system first.

Is this a problem with Vista's "sleep" mode? Even if it isn't, this worries me that the program causes XP's hibernate to not work. I belive I've seen in a usenet group that many/most XP users don't have this problem- that's what I want to know, is it just on a few systems? Just on Dell's? Or on most/all XP?

Joe

7. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

Both Sleep and Hibernate work OK on My Vista system with ATI 11.

8. Joseph Zorzin

OK, that's good to know- anything I should be cautious about when installing to the Vista? Is there a known list of bugs (bugs on all systems), or on most systems it works as described?

Joe

9. ksimpson007

ksimpson007 Registered Member

Both Sleep and Hibernate work OK on My XP SP2 system with ATI 11.

10. Joseph Zorzin

hmmmm...

anyone have a suggestion why it doesn't work on my Dell with XP SP2?

Joe

11. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Quite possibly one of or combination of;

Dell BIOS
    Dell background software utility running
    Chipset of the motherboard.

I have no problem, hybernating or going into standby with my system, though it is a 'Heinz 57' type machine.

12. Joseph Zorzin

Marat, after I posted a similar message in a different thread, you suggested sending a formal message on the problem to the support staff, which I did. From what you say above, this is a known issue on some systems. What would be very usefull would be if you could qualify when does the problem arise? Just on PCs with XP? Just on certain brands like Dell? On PCs running certain software or with certain hardware?

Joe

13. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Joseph Zorzin, I've requested clarification and additional information regarding this issue from our Development Team and most probably I would be able to provide you with the answer next week. For this moment I can tell that the issue is still in work and our Development Team investigating some cases and reasons.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

14. cdorling

cdorling Registered Member

The week's passed, is there an answer yet, as I have the same issues on my Dell pc (XP+sp2)

For info, something else I installed (a prog called shutdownone) seems to have activated forced hibernate options (ie within that prog, from my keyboard and from the windows shutdown menu), albeit that the standby option also forces a hibernate rather than a standby.

15. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Does it not work at all, even if you try tomanually inovike it, or does it just not time into it? If the latter, try setting the threshold to a shorter time, like ten or 15 minutes. That might suffice until Acronis gets the bug out ;-)

I think the prog is just polling in the backgroudn every now and then and that action is being interepreted by the OS as an awake action and so reset the standby/hibernate clocking ticking from zero, jsut as if you had pressed a key. If you set the standby threshold to a time shorter than the polling, you'll beat it.

16. Acronis Support

Hello all,

We need some diagnostic information in order to check some specific cases.
    Could you please check Windows Event log and provide us with the event message that should appear after the failed hibernation?

Thank you
    --
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.