Cannot Find Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shakethebabyass, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shakethebabyass

shakethebabyass Registered Member

Hello, thanks for viewing my post.

I recently installed Acronis on my computer and have since uninstalled it and moved over to Norton Ghost.

My hard drive is 640GB. However, only 499 is Showing. I KNOW that acronis has a section secured somewhere but I cannot find it.

I have used disk management built into vista and also used partition magic but its just not showing no matter what I do.

How can I search and get it back?

Thanks.

2. Aussie42

Aussie42 Registered Member

Partition Magic is old hat, try Gparted
    http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

I suspect the size difference is only an effect of how the size is reported. Hard drive makers quote inacurate figures, it depends on what definition of gigabyte is used. If Gparted does not show the secure zone partition then it is gone!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

shakethebabyass,

Acronis Secure Zone should be seen in Disk Management (if there is any). If Acronis Secure Zone is not seen, I assume that you have removed Acronis Secure Zone from your hard disk drive, however the operation did not release free space to any partition. Such a situation may occur when you do not add the space freed from Acronis Secure Zone to one of your partitions. Actually, the space isn't lost, it has become unallocated.

You can use any partitioning program (for example, Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 ) to create or enlarge a partition using the unallocated space.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.