Cannot find hard drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Webnetjogger, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webnetjogger

Webnetjogger Registered Member

I am using TI8 ver. 764 , and when i try to restore a backup, once the boot disk loads i get the following ERROR message: "cannot find any hard drives"

I have a ASUS A8N-E motherboard, AMD 64 3000+, and i am using a Seagate 200Gig SATA HD. I am thinking it is not recognizing the drive because it is a SATA drive. it sees it fine in windows but not in the DOS enviroment.

Any help please. I had a virus make my system32 folder dissappear and now i cant restore my system, besaue Acronis cant see the hard drive.

Thanks

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Download current build, the boot disk works with this board!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Webnetjogger,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We recommend you to update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 859 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Then please create a new bootable CD and try to boot from it.

If the problem remains please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if it doesn't help please create sysinfo.txt file and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the detailed instructions). We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. Webnetjogger

I found that by creating a "safe boot disk" it used the bios to access the drive instead of the drivers on the "full boot disk". It worked and now it sees my drive.

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

How does one create a "safe boot disk"? I don't recall seeing that option.

6. Webnetjogger

When you go to create Bootable media in Acronis it let you select "full" or "safe". Choose safe, then continue to create media.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chutsman,

Please also note, that the full version of Acronis bootable media is a bootable image based on Linux operating system. It contains drivers to restore the Acronis image from devices that do not have direct BIOS support, such as SCSI controllers, RAID Devices, tapes, external USB storage and LAN cards. The Safe version of the bootable image contains a bootable image based on DOS and only supports devices that have direct BIOS support such as floppy disk drives, CD-ROM drives, DVD drives and IDE hard disk drives.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.