cannot find eset server..

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by mcotorres, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcotorres

mcotorres Registered Member

How do i make eset to not update from the server but instead update it from the website.

we have outsite user who needs to be update it but it tries to connect to our servers we want him to get connected thru the website.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, he must be using an Endpoint (Business edition) product in order to be able to change the update server. This can be done in the update setup.

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

As Marcos pointed out, the feature to update from another source than "choose automatically" is only available in the business edition - you can change it in the ESET endpoint itself in the advanced settings, or you can update the location by pushing out a new configuration or policy from your Remote Administrator.

For more info, talk to ESET support in the USA - or your reseller.

However - if you bought end-point protection as a home edition (or family multi-packs) - you are going to be out of luck... the feature won't work, and it will be necessary to upgrade your license - or - as might of happened - perhaps business licensing is in place, but the installation is the home edition (you can install home with a business license) - if this is the case, installing the correct business endpoint software can usually be done OVER THE TOP of the home edition.

hth

4. mcotorres

mcotorres Registered Member

I have the business version, I'm the admin to control the ESET. However we have a outside user who works in and out of the company. We have a server pointing to the Antivirus on site. He is able to update his antivirus. When he goes out to the field to work and his eset wants to update trying to connect to the server it doesn't let him because it can't find the server.

I wanted to set him up instead of looking to the server to update when his out, to get the updates from the website itself.

5. P_R_

P_R_ Eset Staff Account

Hello,

you could set a dual update profile in scheduler according to these instructions:
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN761

In case the PC is in company's network it will update from local mirror and in case the mirror wouldn't be reachable it will update from ESET's update servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.