cannot explore backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cbstiff, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbstiff

cbstiff Registered Member

Hello,
    I have True Image 11 Home. Windows XP Pro O/S. I just did a full backup and cannot access the "explore backup". When I click on it and go to the latest backup, it just flashes and then says "no process started" in the lower right hand corner. this is my second backup, just to see if there was an error in the first one.

Also, is there a way to automatically getting rid of the old backups?

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on this problem.

Thanks,

cbstiff

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cbstiff,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Have you validated the archive for corruption? If not, please check the integrity of the archive by means of the Backup Archive Validation Wizard.

If the backup file contains the entire partition, please try to mount the archive. Let us know the results.

Also, please make sure that you are using the latest build of Acronis True Image 11 Home #8101. If the build number differs from the latest one, please download and install the latest build. You can learn more on how to download the latest build here

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. cbstiff

Oleg Lee,

I did validate the backup. I also downloaded the latest build. Still doesn't let me into the backup archive.

I did mount the archive and I still can't get into it. It assigned letters to the partitions successfully.

Now what?

cbstiff

4. Acronis Support

Hello cbstiff,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 11 Home

Make sure that Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer is Enabled in Device Manager (Right-click on MY Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Unfold Acronis Devices -> Right-click on Acronis Devices -> Select Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer -> Choose Enabled).

Also make sure that TimounterMonitor.exe process launched (ctrl+alt+del -> task manager -> processes). TimounterMonitor.exe process monitors the mounted images and constantly checks if there is enough space on the storage to save all the changes made to the sectors of the mounted image.

Make sure that the hard drive doesn’t have file system errors or bad blocks. Do the following to check the disks for errors:

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    - Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r" (where DISK is the partition letter you need to check) for every partition that is visible in My Computer. Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

If the issue persists download Acronis Report utility available at and run it, create a report and attach to your next reply. Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip) This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. cbstiff

Dmitry Nikolaev,

I have done everything you have told me to do and I still cannot get into the backup. Here is the Acronis Report you requested. I hope it helps.

Thank you,

cbstiff

Attached Files:

6. Acronis Support

Hello cbstiff ,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please describe the abnomal behavior in some words. Dies any error message appear?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. cbstiff

Oleg Lee,

No, no error message appears. When I try to explore the backup it just flashes real quick (says "processing") and then nothing happens. I uninstalled ATI 11 Home and installed the trial version 2009 and it does the same thing.
    I only have a few days left on the trial version. Should I reinstall my 11 version?

Thank you,

cbstiff

8. Acronis Support

Hello cbstiff,

Let's completely remove the program from your PC then check if the issue occurs after reinstallation.

Please remove the program via Add or Remove Programs option in Windows control panel. After uninstallation, please uninstall values from registry and device manager as it is described in this article in our Knowledge Base.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

9. cbstiff

:thumb: Well, that finally did it. I uninstalled and reinstalled and now it appears to be working. Thank you for your help.

cbstiff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.