Cannot Download To A Sandboxed Folder In CIS6

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by TerryWood, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi Everybody

i first posted this question in Comodo Forums but have not had a reply, so could some techie here assist me please.

I Use Windows 7 with CIS 6 Firewall + Antivirus. I have my download folder set as \Users\Terry\Downloads.

Until very recently I used to be able to download into it. Then retrieve the downloaded file from C:\VTRoot.

Now I cannot and I don't know why. Except there have been a couple of small updates to CIS6 recently.

The file downloads and when you click on show in folder it is there, but when you go to VTRoot the download folder is not there.

Anybody any ideas why?

Thanks

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Hi Terry, why don't you just enable Sandboxies Quick recovery feature in Sandbox settings for the sandbox that you are using for browsing. To do so, just add your download folder to Quick recovery and set your browser (if its not so yet) to download to it. To me, thats the easy way.

If you dont want to do that, you can also recover the download by navigating to: Sandboxie control>View>Files and folders, find your download folder, right click on the file that you downloaded and Sandboxie will give you the options to recover or cut and paste outside the sandbox.

Bo

3. guest

guest Guest

@Bo

Eerrr, Bo, the OP is using CIS' sandbox. Unless s/he wants to change. Sandboxie is more convenient than CIS' sandbox indeed. :D

@OP

I don't really remember the detail, but try to make a shortcut for sandboxed Windows Explorer. After you downloaded the file then open the sandboxed explorer and see if your downloads are there, then move them to your real system.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  4. bo elam

Oops, thanks GrafZ.

Sorry Terry, I though you were using Sandboxie and Comodo.

Bo

5. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Maybe you cannot pick up the downloaded files because you have erased the sandbox.

Then look at exclusion from virtualization. If your download folder is excluded then you can take it from the real system.

If neither of this then that's some problem in the CIS. You can try to reinstall the CIS.

BTW Sandboxie is more convenient to use.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  6. guest

guest Guest

I wouldn't recommend to do that, actually. Drive-by oh drive-by. :ninja:

I don't quite understand at why haven't Comodo implement an auto-delete and auto-recover feature already? Made an unnecessary steps just to get your downloaded files and cleaning the sandbox. :doubt:

7. bo elam

Comodo should make it easy to recover files as Sandboxie does. I can think of at least five ways on how to recover files using SBIE.

Bo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.