Cannot delete item. Currently in use by another application

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Goran, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goran

Goran Guest

Did anybody find a solution to the problem posted late July regarding Privacy Expert Suite 8, not wanting to delete IE cache and cookies because they are used by another application? I have exactly the same problem (also when trying to delete files from the hard drive). This problem really makes the program more or less useless. Acronis support suggested using the program in safe mode, but it makes no difference.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Goran,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

First of all please download the latest build (748.) of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Then if the problem remains please create a screenshot of the error message and System Information File (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions) and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread, also please indicate in the subject that you want to contact Irina Shirokova.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Thibor

Thibor Registered Member

Hello,

I have the same problem with PE 8. Actually I use PE 7 because of the Problem.

The Problem is under investigation of the Acronis-Team (#318353). I receive a weekly Feedback-Email send by a member of the Acronis Support Department.

I hope we will receive the solution of this case soon, because -as Goran said-this error makes PE 8 useless.

CU

Thibor

4. Goran

Goran Guest

Thank you for quick replies. I am using PS 8, build 748 and I have not had the problem until recently, so I guess something has happened in the latest updates. I have the same problem with 2 computers running PE 8, so maybe PE 7 is the temporary solution.

I will send a screenshot to Acronis, but obviously they're already working on the issue.

Goran

5. Acronis Support

Hello Goran,

We need diagnostic information from you. We have informed our Development Team and Testing Lab about this problem and we are currently working on fix for it. Your information will be of great help in solving this issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

6. Timelf

Timelf Guest

My system suffers from this issue too.
    PE cannot delete most of the files.
    This soft is useless, but worst, I paid for it!

7. Acronis Support

Hello Timelf,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

First of all please download the latest build (748.) of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Then please see whether the problem persists. If the latest build doesn't help please create a screenshot of the error message, System Information File (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions) and send it to support@acronis.com along with detailed information of your problem. We will try to help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

8. Thibor

Thibor Registered Member

Hello Acronis,

I bought the upate-version of PE 8 two month ago. Directly after installing there was the above mentioned problem. I reported it to the Acronis Support Team and had a lot of email conversation with the support team to solve the problem (#318353)

Finally they told me that further investigations are necessary. Since then nothing substantial new: no new build, no new version ... nothing

After two month not able to use PE 8 I think it is again time to ask for a money refund in this case.

If you want intend to your refund policy ("We cannot accept returns more than 30 days after your download"), please check the above mentioned Ticket number: I requested a money refund already in my first email.

Thank you!

Thibor

9. Acronis Support

Hello Thibor,

I have informed Eugene about your problem, he will contact you. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

10. Goran

Goran Guest

I have to agree with Thibor and Timelf. I posted a query early September and received answers from Acronis about "Yes, we are aware of your problem", but I still have not seen any solution or received any comments about work ongoing in order to solve the problem

I have tried to install the program on 5 different computers, with exactly the same result.

Acronis - can I expect something to happen soon?

Goran

11. sagarush

sagarush Guest

With all the problems with this software, I uninstall Privacy Expert and install CCleaner ( free soft ) to clean very fast my hard disk without reboot or message ''cannot delete item''.

By the way, my computer is also more stable than ever since this remove.

12. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

This problem (with Internet CleanUp) has been fixed in 789 build which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

13. Thibor

Thibor Registered Member

Hello Acronis,

with my Computer configuration the above mentioned problem persist in build 789.

Could you tell us a release date for PE 9?

Thank you!

Thibor

14. Acronis Support

Hello Thibor,

Thank you for this information. I have forwarded it to our Development Team.

The 9.0 version of Acronis Privacy Expert is planned to be released in the next couple of months. However the exact release date is not defined at this moment.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

15. Floppy

Floppy Registered Member

I havev the same problem with Acronis Privacy expert 8 build 789 and I have tried everything...

Acronis have proven very useless because they produce newer versions of software quicker so to force us to upgrade so that we can enjoy a working software...

I feel more and more inclined to say Acronis must be part of some oranization that has come up with a brilliant way to keep making money out of users...

Not only do I have issues with PE8 build 789 i also have issues with TI8

Acronis stands for

Advocating Customer robbing over new iddle software

Sorry but this is how acronis makes me feel and how I feel used and abused since I decided on theire software.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=107086

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  16. Thibor

Thibor Registered Member

Hello Floppy,

Acronis told me (on 4th Nov. !!) that their Development Team has fixed the problem and the new build will fix it. It will be available soon.

Let us see what this new build will bring ...

Thibor

17. Floppy

Floppy Registered Member

Hello Thibor...

If that has been fixed it sure takes a long time to be posted...

It's the 18th of November now...

I dont trust these guys anymore..... I have my reasons

18. Thibor

Thibor Registered Member

Believe me, I´m also not happy with this product, but I will give Acronis another chance to solve the problem.

BTW, if Acronis hears this: Is there a Release-Date for the new build and the new Version?

Thibor

19. Acronis Support

Hello Floppy and Thibor,

Please see my reply to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

20. Floppy

Floppy Registered Member

AS I already said in not so many words....

Release of the new PE9 build (whatever)n is due sometime after 5th of december....

Mr Semyonov Vasily has replied to my/our question Here and I suppose it's in your best interest to follow further development....

I will be looking forward to a operating software in PE8 and will activelly search for an update daily.... (several times a day in fact).

I will post Here when this happens and if it resolves my issue and hopefully your same issue...

(is that acceptable?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.