Cannot Delete Archive Name from Backup Disk

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by reedm, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedm

reedm Registered Member

I am running XP Pro SP3. I have not figured out how to delete the archive folder name from my external USB hard drive. I have tried in both DBU 10 Workstation and B&R 10 Free Edition applications. I can delete the data in the folder by checking the delete checkbox in the archive tab when selecting delete. If you do not check the delete checkbox, you seem to only remove the archive from the database.

Is there a way from within the Paragon backup applications to delete folders from the backup drive, or must I do this from within Windows.

Reed

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I don't know of a way to do that from within Paragon - there might be.

Simple rt click and delete in Windows Explorer should do it.

Hope it helps.

3. reedm

reedm Registered Member

Thanks SIW2. That is what I have been doing, but I was hoping for something a bit neater. A button to click from within the Paragon application.

Reed

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I think it lets you delete the data from within the folder itself - because you may be deleting e.g. differentials you don't want - and then wish to add others to that folder.

If they provided a Delete button - people may think it just removes from the database and end up deleting the arc by accident.

I think they're playing safe.

It's a case of damned if you do , damned if you don't.

Of course, after all that - they might be a way to do it. I haven't spotted it, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.