"Cannot Create the image..."

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Greg Schmalhofer, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg Schmalhofer

Greg Schmalhofer Registered Member

Have purchased True Image Server 7.0 and am very pleased with the product, however we have one server that it is not able to take a full image of. The C: drive is fine, but when it gets to the D: drive it fails with the message:

"Cannot create the image of the logical drive D: because it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors."

I have run the scan disk with the disk sector recovery options selected, it ran about 1 hour and did not indicate any trouble. I have installed a newer build (627) up from build 613 and still get the error. Has anyone else encountered this error and what did you do to resolve it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you very much!

Thanks,
    Greg

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Greg --

Please ensure that you are not running any anti-virus product on that machine or some other software that may stop Acronis True Image from working properly (some protection software).

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. Greg Schmalhofer

Greg Schmalhofer Registered Member

Anton,
    Are you saying that True Image Server(build 627) needs to have Norton Anti-Virus software turned off before you run a backup? I have run it on many other servers without turning off any software at all. To turn off AV on a mail server would be a security risk. Has this been found to resolve this issue for some of your other users?

Thanks,
    Greg

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Greg --

It *may* be the cause, so you can just test if it is or not. If it isn't I'll go on with further investigation of this matter.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.