Cannot create partition...Index Corrupted error.

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by SirAfanynn, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirAfanynn

SirAfanynn Registered Member

I am running Acronis Disk Director Suite version 9.0 (build 524). When I try to create a partition, I keep getting the error "Check Error: Index Corrupted" after the PC reboots. I have run the Disk Defragmenter and CHKDSK. I've even defragmented the MFT and Folders using Diskkeeper (from Executive Software). No matter what I do, it will not create a partition. I have not gotten any errors from CHKDSK and Disk Defragmenter said the disk is 0% fragmented.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SirAfanynn,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Could you please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to support@acronis.com? This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Please also include the link to this thread in your request.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  3. straubm

straubm Guest

Same over here.

I noticed that , running chkdsk /r and then doing a norton disk doctor again there are disk problems. Seems as is if my machine NEVER ever has disks without problems (minor ones: empty security index etc.). Maybe some application not shutting down nicely or something like this. Any experiences out there ?

Nevertheless: Patition Magic can cope with that.

Acronis: how about a "Want to execute anyway" dialogue letting me decide to execute operations on my own risk ? After your partition check you definitily know whether the fault is neglectible, or not.

Regards
    straubm
    from Austria

4. Acronis Support

Hello SirAfanynn,

If you choose "Want to execute anyway" we cannot guarantee that the data on your hard disk remains. The best way to solve the problem would be sending Acronis Report to support@acronis.com as described above. In this case we could undertake more thourough investigation.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. SirAfanynn

SirAfanynn Registered Member

Ilya,

The post quoted above was not from me. I emailed the report to you and included the link to this thread.

Thanks,

SA

6. straubm

straubm Registered Member

Dear Ilya,

Thanks for your reply. The post mentioned by SirAffanyn in his last post was written by me, straubm. I also sent a report to you.
    Regards,
    Martin

7. Techy

Techy Guest

Have you got a resolution? I have the same error on a SBS2000 box with RAID 5. My system partition has the same error.

Any input would be great as the size is becomming critical.

Thanks

8. straubm

straubm Registered Member

Gosh, that was a century ago. Let me try to remember: Acronis provided an ad hoc patch for me (literally!) and fixed the problem in the next official revision (Jan or Feb 2005). No prob since then. I assume you have a current version (if not: go update) so your problem may well be something different.
    Regards

9. Acronis Support

Hello Techy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.