CANNOT CONNECT TO REMOTE SERVERS

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Sugaree, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sugaree

Sugaree Registered Member

Hi All,

I trying to use the current version of the Enterprise product.

1) Install the agent on a server, then reboot to insure installation.
    2) Try to connect through MC on XP Pro Workstation, same domain and LAN
    3) MC Application just hangs. Have to end program through Task Manager.

~Off topic comments removed. - Ron~

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2008
  2. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

Sounds like User error to me!

Have you tried connecting to the remote server using FQDN or IP address?

3. Sugaree

Yep, no go Captain....

She's all locked up. As soon as you try to connect, she's bound up like a Canadian after eating a double cheese pizza.

4. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

Try making these registry changes on the Group Server machine and the remote machine:

Open the registry browser, navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\Encryption\Server, rename the
    "Server" folder to "Server1".

5. Sugaree

Thamuz,

Works like a Champ!!! :thumb:

WTG!!!!

Thanks a ton, I can stop pulling my hair out!

6. Deadlines

Deadlines Registered Member

Now what really sucks is, it sounds like this workaround is viable for some people... sadly I don't even have that key in my registry on the remote machine. The only subkey under HKLM\Software\Acronis is Scheduler, oddly enough this is the same exact setup in the registry on another machine I have which is working fine.

My response from Acronis' "priority" support:

Hello,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATIESWin/

This message is a follow-up to our recent phone conversation.

Please collect the following information in order that our Experts could analyze it and provide you with a possible workaround:

1. Proceed with the below instructions in order to create a Windows system information file on your machine; it will help us investigate the problem more thoroughly:

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send us the saved file.

2. Export the User Rights Assignment settings (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Settings -> Local Policies ) to a Text file and send it to us.

Thank you.
    --
    We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Note that you can quickly find the answers to your questions in Acronis Support Knowledge Base at http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/kb/.

7. bernr

bernr Registered Member

I am having the exact same problem. I have tried the registry change. I can't wait until they fix this problem, I have had this problem for the last few versions.

Bern

8. Arbitrary

Arbitrary Registered Member

I was having the same issue and with the encryption key that worked for others. I did a compare between a server that was working fine and the one that wasn't and found a key in the broken server at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acronis\TrueImageEnterpriseServer\Settings (ignore the wow64 part if you aren't running on a 64-bit machine) called workingdir (or something to that effect). I removed the key and it worked fine to connect after that.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Arbitrary,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that the describes problem is already fixed in the latest builds of Acronis True Image Echo. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to update all installed components, as they need to be the same build in order to interact properly.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.