"Cannot connect to kernel" error

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by laneseda, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laneseda

laneseda Registered Member

Hello,

My system:
    Windows XP Home SP3 (fully updated)
    AMD 4200+
    3 GB RAM
    Firefox 3.0.7

I installed ESS 4.0.314 last night. It installed perfectly after I created an Acronis image of my HDD and then removed my ESS 3.0.684 installation completely using Revo Uninstaller and a couple of disc and registry cleaners. It looked good and worked perfectly.

Today, however, when I booted up the system, I had a Windows notification that my system was at risk because I did not have any security in place. The green ESS icon in the system tray had turned red. When I went to Start--> Programs-->ESET and tried to start the program that way. I received a "Cannot connect to kernel" error or words to that effect. I ran SysInspector and can upload the results to ESET if they have the time to spend upon this issue. After trying to re-start the system for a while, I installed my Acronis image and have reverted to ESS 3.0.684.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Lane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.