Cannot Bypass Acronis is starting BIOs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Uncensored, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncensored

Uncensored Registered Member

hey, when i start my computer I get the usual screen where you can press f12 for startup option and f2 for setup, but then when the acronis page opens all i get is "starting acronis loader..." (without quotations). No matter what I do I cannot seem to bypass this screen. I have attempted reinstalling windows and was able to get it back to normal, but then when I attempted to load my image from my securezone on the D:\ drive the computer restarted and I'm back toasquare one... blahh:doubt:

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If you have a second physical hard drive there is no need to use the SZ or create the Start Recovery Manager. If you activated the SRM, this is what is probably causing your problems. Conflicts also occur if you have GoBack or InCD running.

3. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

When you restored the saved image it included the modified MBR, which was created by installing the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager.

If you have a saved image prior to installing ASRM, you can restore the unmodified MBR (restore only the MBR) from that image.

Otherwise, you can install a clean MBR with the Windows Repair tool or use a utility that will recreate/write a clean bootable MBR. The trial version of DIY DiskPatch will write a clean bootable MBR.

There is no way to 'uninstall' the ASRM via True Image menu.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

The proper way to de-activate the ASRM is to remove the secure zone using the manage secure zone wizard. This will restore the MBR to its previous state.

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.