Cannot Burn WinPE CD on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ceeldee, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceeldee

ceeldee Registered Member

When I execute the burn Win PE Backup CD download as administrator all goes well until it says writing to CD and then nothing happens just sits there.
    I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit. I run it on my windows XP machine and I get the Paragon Rescue CD . I can run the Resultant CD on my
    Windows 7 machine but it doesnt show my Netgear NASDUO network attached storage when I go to the Network setup screen.
    DoI have to create the cd on the machine I am going to use it on ?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Ceeldee,

If your Netgear NASDUO network attached storage is not recognized, you will have to load its drivers prior to running any operations from the WinPE CD.

Simply go to the NAS manufacturer's website, download the Vista 32 or 2008 driver, extract and save to another CD or use an ISO utility to include inside the WinPE CD. After you boot into the WinPE environment, go to Tools > Load drivers, find the .INF driver file, then configure your network.

3. ceeldee

Thanks PT, might have had a media issue because I used a DVD RW instead of CD R and burnt OK. Running this recovery disk I can access my NAS. However , when I access the Recovery Win PE menu , Tools, File Transfer I can access my NAS and access the backup archives but I only see .arc and .img files. I was expecting to be able to explore and copy the files within the archive. Is that possible ?

4. Paragon_Tommy

When you're in the File Transfer Wizard, double click the .PBF or .000 file and it should "drill" into the archive. Select any files you want to copy from the archive, move to the clipboard and complete the wizard to extract your files.

5. ceeldee

PT, File Transfer does not work for a NAS.
    In the Win PE environment I can map my NAS OK and the Drive Backup and Drive Restore work fine. Using the Full Pro system Integrity Check the archives verify on my NAS as OK.

BUT File Transfer does not have the NAS in the local drive list and does not show it on the network. So you cannot do any file transfer, it is a BUG.

The archive files dont expand in the other modes.,

Hope we can fix this , same problem in Win 7 environment.

Regards

6. Paragon_Tommy

I see that you can map the NAS in File Transfer Wizard, then explore the NAS, but if you had mapped the NAS in Windows and assigned it letter X, we don't see that as a mapped drive in File Transfer Wizard. So when FTW and Win 7 map drives, it's not seeing each others. Let me forward this to our devs and see what happens.

It looks like it's a Windows 7 issue only. With XP, we're able to mapped either direction, and it becomes a permanent mapped drive.

7. ceeldee

I know that PT I have done it on my other XP machine. The point is your web site says it works for Windows 7 , thats why I paid for it.

XP is yesterday's OS, all new systems are shipping with W7 now.

Your Backup and Restore routines are working fine under Windows 7, something is different in the File Transfer routines. The Win PE Recovery Environment must have changed as well because I get the same problem there,everthing works except for File Transfer.

Note the Linux based Recovery CD maps my NAS OK for all functions but the archives in File Transfer do not expand to show the contents am I missing somthing there?

Regards

Chris

8. Paragon_Tommy

9. ceeldee

Thanks for that PT, happy with your response. Did you test the most recent Win PE environment ( ie download the latest and build media ) ? Because I get the same results there and of course that is not Windows 7.

I cannot log an EMail request because it allways errors, and I live in Australia so 1800 wont work will it ?

10. ceeldee

PT I have tried the Linux based Recovery CD and all works . I can drill into archives to retrieve individual files. I had not realised that you need to expand the individual archive files to see which archived files each one contains.

So , everything can be done one way or another under Windows 7. Still looking forward to fixes that will make it more user friendly.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.