cannot assign drive letter

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bbhd, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbhd

bbhd Guest

ok so maybe I get this wrong. I thought I could put in my last archived CD hit explore image and I would see what is on there. All I get is "cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the image archive"

Sometimes I get "corrupted file" but I did verify all 4 discs and they were ok.

I am using TI 8.0 I did the update but files were not there or it couldn't open or something so I just re-installed from the disc.

I'm sure it must just be some misunderstanding on my part but I thought I could explore what is on the verified CD.

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

I believe you need to copy all the TIB files to one location. You can't mount a backup as a drive letter if it's split across several discs.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bbhd,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We regret to inform you that it is not possible to explore the image on CDs or DVDs. However, you may follow wdormann's suggestions and copy all the parts of the image to a single folder on your hard disk. This will allow you to explore the image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. bbhd

bbhd Guest

Thank You for your quick reply. I so appreciate it. See I knew that this was because I really don't know what I'm doing yet. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.