Cannot activate NAV2009 with NIS2009 license

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Diprivan, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diprivan

Diprivan Registered Member

I have purchased NIS2009 and assumed wrongly that I could also download NAV2009 and activate it with my NIS2009 activation code.
    I have just chatted to Norton support and they tell me that if I want to use NAV2009, I will have to purchase it!
    In some other security suites that I have used, there is a custom install option. This is not present in the NIS2009 installer.
    Does anyone know if there is a way just to install Norton antivirus? (I would like to pair it with Comodo Firewall in a separate FDISR snapshot.

Thanks.

2. Rapid Dr3am

Rapid Dr3am Registered Member

Install NIS and disable the firewall? Purchase the product you actually want?

3. Diprivan

Diprivan Registered Member

Thanks. I have purchased the product I want, but for 70 USD I would expect access to the stand alone NAV2009. I am experimenting with different snapshots and would like a clean install of antivirus without having to disable Norton firewall.

4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

NIS2009 and NAV2009 are two different, separately licensed products, end of story. Helps to check before you pay for something, not after.

Now I really don't know what you are exactly after, considering your original post which states:

Regardless... There's no way you can install just the AV component with NIS2009. You can go and buy NAV2009 in addition, or try to get a refund for NIS2009 and buy NAV2009 instead.

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

As others have said, Norton NAV and NIS licenses are not interchangeable, however you could get an older version of NAV and use those licenses with NAV 2009. This is what I did with NIS 2009. Check on amazon.com.

6. JTH

JTH Registered Member

I have a question about the NIS2009 activation, no need to open my own thread for it so I post it here:

I tend to test lot of stuff etc., because of that I often reinstall Windows.

When I reinstall Windows I need to reinstall NIS2009 and reactivate it.

How does the activation work in NIS2009, is it similar to Windows activation? I mean how many times can I reinstall/reactivate it before I'll get problems? Is there a limit?

I'm going to buy the license for KIS2009, but I would like to clear this out first.

If someone knows this for sure, please let me know. Thank you.

7. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Already discussed elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.