Cannot access http://support.sprint.com...

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Chuck_IV, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Registered Member

I have no idea why ESS is blocking this site, but it is. With ESS installed, when I try to access this thru IE7(Vista), I see the "Waiting for http://support.sprint.com in the bottom left of the browser, however I ALWAYS time out on any page within that site. It just times out with the "Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage" message.

Turning off the firewall or anything else within ESS does nothing. ONLY when I completely UNINSTALL ESS am I able to access this site without issue. With ESS installed I see absoluely nothing in the logs about any issues, while it is try to load the page and nothing about anything being blocked, for any reason.

I have not come across any other site that is like this.

Can others try this and see what is up or perhaps tell me how to get around this?

Thanx

2. micko_escalade

micko_escalade Registered Member

Not an solution but can you ping support.sprint.com from command prompt?

3. Chuck_IV

Yep, no problems with a ping with ESS installed.

I just tried a reinstall and still no go, support.sprint.com times out again in IE7(loaded fine when I had ESS uninstalled).

4. micko_escalade

How about "web access protection > HTTP > blocked addresses" anything in there?

5. Chuck_IV

Nope, nothing in there. I even tried adding the site to the excluded addresses to no availa. I've tried turning off HTTP filtering, turning off the AV and antispyware part, along with allowing all traffic on the firewall, and still nothing. So far, only a complete uninstall of ESS allows me access to the site.

6. micko_escalade

I'm sorry, I don't have any other suggestions.

7. Chuck_IV

Do you have ESS installed? If so, can you access the site and if so, are you running IE7/Vista?

8. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Just tried the site you listed and even though it was kinda/sorta slow loading, did come up w/no problem. Running XP Pro sp2, dunno if that would make a diff....

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Can you confirm that you have no other firewall installed that might interfere with ESS somehow?

10. Chuck_IV

No, there are no other firewalls installed, however, I was using the newest version of Outpost Security Suite for a short time, prior to reinstalling ESS. What's strange is this is the only site I have an issue with, as far as I can tell. I CAN get to www.sprint.com just fine, it's just their support site that has issues for me. You would think if it's a conflict that more than just that specific site would be affected.

FYI, I sent a support ticket in thru ESS itself and it sent all of my machines info, so hopefully you can see if there might be something.

11. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

12. quagmire

quagmire Registered Member

I know this is an old thread, but, just for completeness, this problem is fixed in ESS 3.0.642 .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.