Cannot access Google normally

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by nasman3188, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nasman3188

nasman3188 Registered Member

Hi.
    I have Windows XP with Mozilla Firefox 1.5. I have been experiencing the inability to access google.com often caused by the qhost trojan. However, i checked for the bad hosts file, registry keys, etc. mentioned by semantec, and came up empty handed. I am able to ping google.com with command, and can access it through http://216.239.37.99/.

Any suggestions?

2. dog

dog Guest

Are you using tor? If yes, this is a known intermittent problem and once tor changes circuits access should be normal again. ... Here is the blurb from their wiki
    ... http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#GoogleSpyware

3. nasman3188

nasman3188 Registered Member

Thanks for the help dog. I havent ever heard of tor, though. However, i just tried Google and it worked fine. But thanks for trying to help.

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I had a similar twilight zone experience some time ago. Strangely, google would not function properly on only one of pcs (the gateway), however the clients connected through it worked well. Furthermore, only Firefox and Opera could not connect. IE could connect fine. The twilight zone experience ended a few hours later. Very strange.
    Mrk

5. jwagner86

jwagner86 Registered Member

I have same thing now- 1.5.05 version of firefox; now, cannot access gmail or google; for some reason, cant access gizmodo.com, either. i move to MSIE, works ok. go to different computer, works fine.

no malware shows in scans that symantec or spybot can find. thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.