Can you use ESET 5 along with WSA?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by GrammatonCleric, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Assuming eset has HIPS turned off?
    Or will they conflict?
    I know that in the past you could use PREVEX and ESET, where PREVEX was more of an add-on checker/cloud sanity check.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Yes, you can use both without a problem :)

3. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Confirm they are working fine together.

Running NOD32 5.0.94.0 & WSA.

4. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Notice any significant (or perceivable) impact on resources when used together and/or alone?

5. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Don't think so.

May be I am using a new machine.

6. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

I am disappointed that ESET's 5th edition is anything but an improvement, according to AV-Comparitives.org. I cannot believe they've let Norton step ahead of them.

I'm so glad I've long since given up playing the "which AV is the best this year" game, and just chose the one that is built on a constantly growing technology that is free from human error.

7. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Didn't know AV-C tested ESET v5 already, just looked it up and found only 1 report with v5 and it has a better result than Norton, both detection and FP-wise.(Latest On-Demand test.)

8. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was up late looking at all of the PDFs they published and I got them mixed up.

ESET's 4th version slipped down to just an Advanced rating, along with Norton, and Microsoft. All three of those were once Advanced+ products.

My point is, that's too much overhead. No one should have to play the "which AV is currently the best game," because that sometimes changes every half a year when the companies fall behind for whatever reason. Prevx/Webroot eliminate the human error element by making it all automated and in the cloud, making Prevx consistently the most superior protection available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.