Can you customize what "Potentially Unwanted Applications" blocks?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by enotsIT, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enotsIT

enotsIT Registered Member

On our network I am wondering if I can use ESET's "Potentially Unwanted Applications" to block specific applications?

A second and related question, is there anyway to find out what is on the list of potentially unwanted applications?

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Potentially unwanted applications is the term used to describe software which may not be intentionally malicious (i.e., usually displays a license agreement prior to installation, is installed only with the consent of the user, and can be easily and completely uninstalled) but may nevertheless affect the performance and reliability of the system. These applications may also send details about your computer use to third parties. Additionally, you are able to decide what actions should be taken upon detection of a potentially unwanted application (i.e., Disconnect; No Action). There is no specific list available of potentially unwanted applications.

You can exclude certain files or folders from real-time scanning.
    See the following ESET knowledgebase article:
    How do I exclude certain files or folders from Real-time scanning?
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2153

Using ESET Smart Security (not available with ESET NOD32), you can an application-based firewall rule. See ESET knowledgebase article:

How do I create an application-based firewall rule?
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2623

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.