Can you clean install upgrade v11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TerryFox, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Hi . I'm curious if I get the upgrade version of 11 , Can I install it clean without any previous version install ? Or must there be an older version for the upgrade version to get install ? Thanks

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

The answer is yes you can, but you'll require the licence number of your previous version as well as your new licence number.

Colin

3. TerryFox

Hmmmm, I don't see as to why ? I always used in the past to download my copy from Acronis website https://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    which has my license keys listed but I believe I can though install it clean without previous version install , Thanks

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

As has been the case with version 8, 9 and 10, with 11 a clean install of an upgrade will ask for your ATI 11 serial number and then your serial number from your previous version.

If you bought new and not the upgrade, it will only ask for your ATI 11 serial number. If you install over an existing version, AT 11 will only ask for your ATI 11 serial number.

It is advisable to do a clean install since 11 doesn't use exactly the same directories and file names as, for ATI 10, and you'll have a bunch of leftover stuff if you install 11 over 10.

Note however, that there have been reports that if yo do a clean install, removing ATI 10 directories and registry entries first, then 11 won't see the Backup Locations you made with 10 and, some have reported, might not see Tasks made with 10. So those might have to be recreated. You picks your poison. But before you bother recreating tasks and Backup locations, make the Boot CD and be sure it works and sees your hard drives.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I imagine it's to stop people only paying for an upgrade version when they've never had a full version and being able to install the full program.

Note an upgrade will install with a previous upgrade version licence, plus of course it's own licence details.

Colin

6. TerryFox

Hi , I just did a clean install and you guys are right , It did ask for previous keys , I'm just glad I can install it clean :) This is really a great product , Thanks

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Be sure to create the Boot CD and boot from it and confirm that it sees all your drives. If you have a spare drive, swap that in form your regular drive and restore to it to confirm that ATI 11 can restore on your hardware. You should only need to do this test once per ATI version/build on a given set of hardware.

good luck

8. TerryFox

Thanks again , I will do that as well :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.